Tuesday 14 March 2017

Collab: Further feedback

I proposed our idea for the campaign to another student over in Oslo who I met a couple of months back, he said:

"I like the second one best. The "don't just watch the ballet, watch an athlete" doesn't work for me because I don't watch the ballet. By saying "don't just" your implying that their already watching the ballet - witch I guess they don't since their your target audience. Like that you've narrowed it down to athlete, craftsmen and musician. Cause that for me is making something high-class cultural more middle-class in a way. Your a craftsman, come see the work of other craftsmen, in a way. It for me washes out some of the lines between performer and audience witch is nice."

He also suggested a way to develop it further to consider maybe taking athlete, craftsman and musician and showing how ballet is a visual form of all these roles.

"Could you turn it into; 'see music made visual/movable', 'craftsmanship made movable', athletes made sensual/emotional/movable. Like the line moveable because ballet is movement and emotions, and emotions that move you are moveable right? Or music in movement, athletes in movement, craftsmanship in movement?"

I think this was really vital feedback for the development of our idea from where it currently stands. The idea he suggested takes into account the emotions that go into ballet which is what we're aiming for, so possibly a combination of this idea and our current one could work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment