Thursday 16 March 2017

Product, Range & Distribution Brief

Examine graphic design outputs relating to social, political and ethical change.

This brief is something I've been looking forward to mainly because of how topical it is, issues are something that are everywhere and finding a way to solve them can always come out with some interesting results.

One big issue I think with our every developing society is technology, or at least certain aspects of it. Things such as AI and our own privacy on things such as laptops, phones etc. can be issues. There have been numerous accounts in the past of webcams being breached by hackers which begs the question of it we really have our own privacy when technology is involved.

A couple of other issues I thought of include procrastination, social media, materialism, ocean waste and stress. Stress was the main one that stood out to me as something that affects pretty much everyone but isn't addressed or dealt with as it should be. I think stress is something that is ubiquitous in the design industry with thing such as looming deadlines, stressful clients and heavy workloads. So I feel this is something that could be interesting to explore and maybe to try and tackle to the best of my ability, it's something that would hopefully help myself and others to deal with stress better in everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment