Saturday 29 April 2017

Alternative Outcomes

One thought that crossed my mind was to use my design but to screenprint on a coloured stock instead of plain white, this way I was hoping it could create a much more bright and eye catching piece.

I originally only bought the 270gsm stock on the right from Fred Aldous to print on but found a another sharper pink lying around which I printed on also. Although the shade of pink is much brighter and deeper, it's not what I had in mind, personally I preferred the more pastel-y pink.




Unfortunately, even after double printing some of the prints and adding more ink to my medium, the white didn't contrast as much as I would have liked. It could have been much sharper, but instead was somewhat dull.

Even before I began to print my design onto the pink stock, I test printed on some tracing paper to ensure the ink came through properly. But in the process of doing so, I realised that my final poster could be displayed differently to what I had planned. It could potentially be two separate layers, the background heart and lines on the thick stock then the black text on tracing paper. I liked the idea of this because it gives it more depth and also a different appearance to other designs that will be within the exhibition.







A suggestion put forward when I was choosing between the two final posters, was to possibly combine both of them. Considering that they were to be displayed in four separate pieces, pieces of both posters could be mixed together to create a different look.




I do like the look of these, it further emphasises the fact that it represents people coming together as the different coloured stocks could be seen the different cultures, races and genders coming together to form this one piece.

Ultimately I submitted the white poster because in my opinion this one stood out to me and others the most. With the pink poster, it was really let down by the white which didn't print well enough to contrast with the coloured stock whereas on the white stock the pink stood out really well creating the look I was after.

No comments:

Post a Comment