Saturday 20 February 2016

OUGD406: Studio Brief 01 - Secret 7 (Feedback)

4 Designs Comparison

During the last feedback session for this current brief, I received a lot about my designs at this current stage, including potential improvements and overall comments about the individual designs themselves.

One point that was made on a few occasions was that I should add colour to my designs to make them stand out more and be unique as at this point some of the designs lack contrast. This is going to be my next step with developing my designs, maybe not to add too much colour to some of them as I personally don't think it would work with the underlying concept, but some designs would definitely benefit from colour.

Feedback Comments

"I feel that design 3 works the best as it's more stressing to look at than the others."

"I'd say these work well without colour, I like the smashed glass designs as it works on the idea of being mentally broken."

"1 & 3 are the most eye catching. Colour might be nice but there is a certain charm to black and white, you might lose the level of detail with colour."

"I think that design 3 with the hole one is the best, just because it adds depth to the design."

Overall the feedback session was helpful in picking out the stronger designs of the bunch, as up until this point I was still undecided as to which one was most effective. Given design 3 seemed to receive the most positive feedback and that the underlying concept was understood clearly, I think this is the one I will focus more on in developing it into a final vinyl cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment