Wednesday 17 May 2017

Cocoon environment mockup

Now that I had the shape and textures organised for the cocoon, I need to create an environment and work on lighting to ensure it showed off the product in the best possible way.




I found one pre-existing room set up online that came with lights and such but it didn't really work well with what I was aiming for, also it meant that I wouldn't get to grips as well with the tools of the programme.

Instead I started from scratch using a combination of soft boxes and planes to create a small corner of a studio. Using some pre-existing textures made bringing the studio to life somewhat easier.

Adding in natural light boxes created a soft finish to the environment, almost like a natural sun light coming through the window.



I began playing around with adding in typical studio objects such as a radiator, shelves and storage units to see which arrangement worked best in allowed the chair to stand prominent within the renders.



Adding in a plant definitely gave the room some life.. and colour.

Pre-render

Rendered shot

Final studio environment

Isolated cocoon

I created two environments; one to put the chair into context and the other to contrast those so that it would just show off the chair in all it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment