Tuesday 16 May 2017

Development of the cocoon brand

So at this stage I was still unsure of what typeface to go with, so I created the logo and coupled it with my chosen typefaces to assess which works best.


I tried once more to see if capitals would be appropriate but it creates too much of a corporate look.

Although the arrangement of the type and logo isn't final, it gave me a good idea of which typeface works best with the logo. Along with other people's opinions I went with the first typeface; Brandon Grotesque. It appears the smoothest and most rounded typeface without creating a childish appearance, it still retains a mature structure to it much like the other typefaces.




The last two arrangements seemed to be most popular when I asked which worked better, but I couldn't quite pin it down to just one set arrangement so it was suggested to wait and see which works better within my campaign.



As for colours for my logo, I tried out a couple that I'd considered in my previous blog post and asked for thoughts on them. People said that it seems very bright and in your face considering it's supposed to evoke calming feelings, a suggestion was to look into more natural colour tones to fit in with the calm nature of it.





Applying these more natural colour tones immediately gives off an impression of tranquility that I didn't get from the previous colours used. The combination of plant and wood colour shades suggests a calm nature environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment