Wednesday 17 May 2017

Evaluation


This project has been the most enjoyable out of all modules this year simply because of how self led it was and how much freedom we got over setting our own brief. Doing this meant that I can explore more of what I’m personally interested in as designing for an issue or for a change is challenging but very rewarding for me. Having a resolution that could potentially provide some form of answer to a problem is very motivational.

The project itself went quite well I think, developing my idea further and further up until a point of where I felt it became a full resolution. Learning a lot along the way through Cinema 4D and understanding more about distribution methods.

I feel as though my end outcomes could have been improved and expanded upon. I made a mention of IKEA’s website as a form of distribution and I think this is one thing I could have produced as an outcome to further support the catalogue.

To further improve my final outcome, I could have potentially animated the chair itself to illustrate how it would work. Ideally I would have created a small 3D model of the chair itself in woodwork shop as I prefer to produce physical pieces of work.

A further expansion of my idea could have been to partner with Headspace, the meditation app as this would help further promote people making use of the cocoon to reduce stress and improve health.

No comments:

Post a Comment