Wednesday 17 May 2017

Distribution methods

As far as distributing the cocoon is concerned, given that it's a collaboration with IKEA, the methods of distribution would align with those already existing with IKEA's. Their catalogue and website are two big ways of how their products reach their audience and it's for this reason that I will follow along with that and show how the chair would be displayed within their means of distribution.

The first distribution method I am to consider is the catalogue, this neatly showcases each individual product in it's own light which is what I will do with mine.

A rough sketch gave me a basis to start off with.


I took advantage of IKEA's already existing style of editorial and adapted my work to it so that it worked somewhat seamlessly with the rest of the catalogue.



I made most use of the environment shots I had rendered as I felt these create the most depth and appealing aesthetic as opposed to blank studio shots, although I feel like one isolated studio shot could have helped to break up the spreads.









Creating 2 double page spreads and mocking them up helped to bring what was before just a digital solution into the real world, making it appear as though they're part of the catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment