Friday 30 March 2018

Brief 3: Making decisions on how to print business cards

The decision for printing the business cards was between ordering them, maybe through someone like MOO or manually printing them myself. We both decided that it would be more fun, experimental and worthwhile knowledge printing them manually. Given the previous contacts and prices Alec had given me for letterpress blocks for business cards, I made contact with multiple manufacturers.



I was after 4 metal plates (3 front designs and 1 back design) that would be mounted onto wood to ensure they were type heigh, meaning that I could use them in the ADANA presses in the letterpress room.

Both estimates came in around the same price (~£50) so I decided to go with the original contact Alec gave me as I had confidence in a high-quality product since he himself had used this company in the past.

The metal backed plates

These arrived the day after ordering them which meant I could quickly get to grips with using them in the letterpress room with a little help from the staff working in the traditional print room.

No comments:

Post a Comment