Wednesday 20 April 2016

OUGD406: Studio Brief 02 - Licence to Print Money (Evaluation)

This was the first brief of the course that was specifically for an exhibition, this meant that rather than having to focus on making something functional, although that was an option, we could experiment with new mediums, techniques etc. to create something new, innovative and most of all exhibition worthy.

The whole process of creating my bank note was a huge learning curve especially considering I’d never screenprinted before. But also making a 3D piece, what seemed a lot more complex than what it ultimately ended up being, was new to me as well. Trying to come up with a simple and effective stand to hold the sheets of acetate was troublesome as it took several different ideas and refinement before getting one that worked sufficiently.

The process of screenprinting is something I did enjoy, as I can appreciate a physical piece more rather than something purely digital on screen. Given this, it’s a process I’m going to try and incorporate into other upcoming briefs and briefs within the second year.


I think that my final piece is something that will hopefully stand out within the exhibition like I set out within my aims.  I created it in the hope to grab people’s attention and because of it being 3D and somewhat obscure with the note only being able to be seen in full from front on viewing, it will hopefully do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment