Thursday 28 April 2016

OUGD406: Studio Brief 04 - Speaking from Experience (Development & Production)

During the process of developing each little illustration I decided to change my mind upon the content of the tea coasters, rather than bits of advice such as 'shop at Aldi' I thought I would go more down the route of an entertaining piece and use entirely quotes taken from first year students.

The final quotes I settled on:

- "F*ck it, shall we just go La Fonte?"
- "First year doesn't count anyway"
- "Beware of blogger, it's a temperamental little sh*t"
- "You'll be dribbling like a baby after your second sip"
- "Book your print slots now"
- "How many design boards you done?"

As for the actual designs of the coasters, I decided to go with a vibrant colour scheme so that this would stand out on different surfaces whether that be within the studio or in the flat etc.

Example of Colourful Coaster
Given that there are several of these, I thought that I could create a box to hold them as a pack together. Since some of the quotes are advice that the student would take away from this, the box I wanted to go for was similar to a pizza box in the way it opens to represent this idea of taking away advice.


Box Net
Box Net Test





Box Design




Test Print








Test printing involved making sure that both the box net worked properly but also to ensure that the coasters inside would fit well.


Final Print



No comments:

Post a Comment